Email marketing is directly marketing a commercial message to a group of people using email. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. It usually involves using email to send newsletters, product promotions, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness. Product Promotion email campaigns can be personalized per user based on their past purchases or product views via automated tools. Email marketing can be done to either current customer databases or partner’s lists. It is not advisable to send unsolicited spam to large untargeted email lists.
Broadly, the term is used to refer to:
- Sending email messages with the purpose of enhancing the relationship of a merchant with its current or previous customers, to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business.
- Sending email messages with the purpose of acquiring new customers or convincing current customers to purchase something immediately.
- Adding advertisements to email messages sent by other companies to their customers.
Contact us to get more information on our Digital Marketing services
Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates (other website owners) for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate's own marketing efforts. This method has four core players:
- The merchant (also known as 'retailer' or 'brand'). In this case, it will be your business and website
- The network (that contains offers for the affiliate to choose from and also takes care of the payments). In this case, an external website.
- The publisher (also known as 'the affiliate')
- The customer
The market has grown in complexity, resulting in the emergence of a secondary tier of players, including affiliate management agencies, super-affiliates and specialized third party vendors.